This tastes like spring Easy Asparagus and Garlic Stir Fry is delightfully delicious with a slightly charred exterior. Similar to roasted asparagus but even tastier because it’s still juicy.
It’s a play on the senses, crisp yet tender, sweet and also bitter, savory with a hint of smokiness. Best of all, it’s only 45 calories per serving and ready in around 15 minutes!
3 Tips for Tender and Tasty Asparagus
- Cut the asparagus into 3-inch sections cutting on the bias. Cutting on the bias means cutting on the diagonal. It is often used in Chinese Stir-fries to expose more of the asparagus’s surface area to the heat and to maximize flavor absorption.
- Use a large pan to cook the asparagus to prevent crowding. This will help the asparagus cook evenly and quickly.
- Cook over high heat to brown and caramelize the asparagus. This will elevate a simple stir fry to incredible deliciousness.
Easy Asparagus and Garlic Stir Fry Step-By-Step Pictures
Storage & Reheating
Fridge: Extra Asparagus and Garlic Stir Fry can be stored in an air-tight container for about 3 days with minimal loss of taste and flavor.
Freezer: Not recommended.
Reheating: 1-minute in the microwave.
What to Serve with Easy Asparagus and Garlic Stir Fry
My personal favorite is to serve it as a vegetable side with shrimp and fish dishes.
To serve as a main dish crushes up some roasted nuts and sprinkle them over the asparagus.
Easy Asparagus and Garlic Stir Fry
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 chef's knife
- 1 Colander set
- 1 nonstick pan 14" preferred
- 1 silicone spatula
- 1 lb asparagus
- 3 cloves garlic (about 1 tbsp)
- 2 tsp oil (use your favorite)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp Totole Granulated Chicken Flavor Soup Base Mix
- Prep the garlic. Dice into small cubes.
- Prep the asparagus. Chop the woody sections of the asparagus off.
- Then chop the asparagus into three-inch segments. Cut on the bias (diagonal).
- Rinse the cut asparagus in cold water. Drain excess water.
- In the nonstick pan over high heat, add garlic, oil, and asparagus. Mix well. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Stirring every minute or so to help the asparagus caramelize.
- Add in the salt, sugar, and Totole Granulated Chicken Flavor Soup Base Mix. Stir to ensure the seasoning is distributed evenly. Taste test. Adjust to personal preferences.