This tastes like spring Easy Asparagus and Garlic Stir Fry is delightfully delicious with a slightly charred exterior. Similar to roasted asparagus but even tastier because it’s still juicy.
It’s a play on the senses, crisp yet tender, sweet and also bitter, savory with a hint of smokiness. Best of all, it’s only 45 calories per serving and ready in around 15 minutes!
3 Tips for Tender and Tasty Asparagus
- Cut the asparagus into 3-inch sections cutting on the bias. Cutting on the bias means cutting on the diagonal. It is often used in Chinese Stir-fries to expose more of the asparagus’s surface area to the heat and to maximize flavor absorption.
- Use a large pan to cook the asparagus to prevent crowding. This will help the asparagus cook evenly and quickly.
- Cook over high heat to brown and caramelize the asparagus. This will elevate a simple stir fry to incredible deliciousness.
Easy Asparagus and Garlic Stir Fry Step-By-Step Pictures
Storage & Reheating
Fridge: Extra Asparagus and Garlic Stir Fry can be stored in an air-tight container for about 3 days with minimal loss of taste and flavor.
Freezer: Not recommended.
Reheating: 1-minute in the microwave.
What to Serve with Easy Asparagus and Garlic Stir Fry
My personal favorite is to serve it as a vegetable side with shrimp and fish dishes.
To serve as a main dish crushes up some roasted nuts and sprinkle them over the asparagus.
Easy Asparagus and Garlic Stir Fry
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 chef's knife
- 1 Colander set
- 1 nonstick pan 14" preferred
- 1 silicone spatula
- 1 lb asparagus
- 3 cloves garlic (about 1 tbsp)
- 2 tsp oil (use your favorite)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp Totole Granulated Chicken Flavor Soup Base Mix
- Prep the garlic. Dice into small cubes.
- Prep the asparagus. Chop the woody sections of the asparagus off.
- Then chop the asparagus into three-inch segments. Cut on the bias (diagonal).
- Rinse the cut asparagus in cold water. Drain excess water.
- In the nonstick pan over high heat, add garlic, oil, and asparagus. Mix well. Cook for 5-7 minutes. Stirring every minute or so to help the asparagus caramelize.
- Add in the salt, sugar, and Totole Granulated Chicken Flavor Soup Base Mix. Stir to ensure the seasoning is distributed evenly. Taste test. Adjust to personal preferences.
Ah, so the asparagus was caramelized… that’s why it was extra delicious. 😋
I’m glad you enjoyed them! 😃