This incredibly fresh-tasting Easy Bok Choy Stir Fry is one of my favorite vegetable sides. With it’s sweet, crisp, and juicy flavor profile, it pairs fantastically with pork and beef main dishes. Best of all, it’s only around 36 calories per serving!
3 Tips to Tender and Tasty Bok Choy
- Pick greenish-blue, firm-fleshed, and tightly clustered Bok Choy. Generally, the smaller the Bok Choy the more tender it is.
- Cutting the Bok Choy into bite-sized pieces negates the need for lots of oil and high heat to make it taste tender.
- Adding 1-2 tbsp of your favorite wine adds depth of flavor to the Bok Choy and eliminates the “grassy” flavor that some people do not like.
Easy Bok Choy Stir Fry Step-By-Step Pictures
Storage & Reheating
Fridge: Extra Bok Choy stir fry can be stored in an air-tight container for about 3 days with minimal loss of taste and flavor.
Freezer: Not recommended.
Reheating: 1-minute in the microwave.
What to Serve with Easy Bok Choy Stir Fry
My personal favorite is to serve it as a vegetable side with pork and beef dishes.
Easy Bok Choy Stir Fry
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 chef's knife
- 1 Colander set
- 1 nonstick pan 14" preferred
- 1 silicone spatula
- 1 lb bok choy
- 1 tbsp white wine (your favorite drinking wine or beer)
- 2 tsp oil (use your favorite)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp Totole Granulated Chicken Flavor Soup Base Mix
- Chop the Bok Choy into two-inch segments.
- Using the colander set, rinse the Bok Choy in cold water. About three to four times or until there is no girt/dirt/sand. Drain excess water.
- In the nonstick pan over medium-high heat, add oil.
- Add in the Bok Choy and mix well with the silicone spatula to ensure the even distribution of oil across the Bok Choy. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so.
- Add in the salt, sugar, and Totole Granulated Chicken Flavor Soup Base Mix. Stir to ensure the seasoning is distributed evenly. Cook until desired tenderness preference. Shown is around 8 minutes. Taste test. Adjust to personal preferences.
- Serve warm. Happy Eating!