This Easy Cabbage and Garlic Stir Fry is a play on flavor and texture. It’s savory with hints of sweetness, crisp yet soft with a hint of smokiness. An excellent veggie side that pairs well with beef mains.
Best of all, it’s only 64 calories per serving and ready in around 25 minutes!
3 Tips for Tender and Tasty Cabbage
- If available, choose a flat cabbage (more tender than round cabbages) that’s green but not too green. If the cabbage is pale green, it’s usually not sweet enough. If it’s too green, it’s a bit too fibrous which makes it hard to chew.
- Use a large pan to cook the cabbage to prevent crowding. This will help the cabbage cook evenly and quickly.
- Cook over high heat to brown and caramelize the cabbage. This will elevate a simple stir fry to incredible deliciousness.
Easy Cabbage and Garlic Stir Fry Step-By-Step Pictures
Storage & Reheating
Fridge: Extra Cabbage and Garlic Stir Fry can be stored in an air-tight container for about 3 days with minimal loss of taste and flavor.
Freezer: Not recommended.
Reheating: 1-minute in the microwave.
What to Serve with Easy Cabbage and Garlic Stir Fry
My personal favorite is to serve it as a vegetable side with beef dishes.
To serve as a main dish, add some fried tofu.
Easy Cabbage and Garlic Stir Fry
(tap to scale)
This Easy Cabbage and Garlic Stir Fry is delightfully delicious with a slightly charred exterior.
- 1 Cutting Board
- 1 chef's knife
- 1 Colander set
- 1 nonstick pan 14" preferred
- 1 silicone spatula
- 1 lb cabbage
- 3 cloves garlic (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp oil (use your favorite)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp Totole Granulated Chicken Flavor Soup Base Mix
- Prep the garlic. Dice into small cubes.
- Prep the cabbage. Chop the cabbage in half and into 1-inch by 3-inch sections.
- Rinse the cut cabbage in cold water. Drain excess water.
- In the nonstick pan over high heat, add garlic, oil, and cabbage. Mix well. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Stirring every 2 minutes or so to help the cabbage caramelize.
- Around the 10-minute mark, add in the salt, sugar, and Totole Granulated Chicken Flavor Soup Base Mix. Stir to ensure the seasoning is distributed evenly.
- Around the 15-minute mark. Taste test. Adjust to personal preferences and serve. If you prefer more smokiness and concentrated cabbage flavor, cook for a minute or two more.
Nutrition (Per Serving)
saturated fat: 1g
vitamin A: 111IU
vitamin C: 42mg
Course: Side Dish