Let’s make dinner tastier by adding a ramen egg or two, shall we? 😃
Ramen Eggs aka soy sauce marinated eggs with their runny, jam-like yolk, and savory exterior elevates your noodle soup bowl, rice bowl, or salad instantly. At only around 92 calories per ramen egg, you can feel free to indulge!
To make this Ramen Eggs Recipe you will first need to make the Chinese Master Stock Recipe. That will take about 25 minutes, 5 minutes of hands-on time, and 20 minutes of simmer time. You will then need to set the stock on the countertop and let it cool for 90 minutes before pouring over the Ramen eggs. Otherwise, the hot stock will cook the eggs and the egg yolk will not be runny or jam-like.
The Secret to Easy to Peel Ramen Eggs With Runny Jammy Yolks
Cold eggs straight from the fridge in boiling water for about 7 minutes at a roiling boil and then immersed directly in cold tap water. Wait 30 seconds, pour out the water and refill with cold tap water. Wait another 30 seconds and the eggs are now ready for you to peel. It’s easy and quick!
Why Use the Chinese Master Stock instead of Ramen Eggs Marinade
Most Ramen Egg marinades are composed of 4 tbsp soy sauce, 4 tbsp mirin, 4 tbsp water, and sugar according to taste from 1 tsp to 4 tbsp. I prefer to use the Chinese Master Stock Recipe because I find it to have more complexity due to more ingredients being used. And also because the extra stock can also be used as a stir fry sauce.
Ramen Eggs Step-By-Step Pictures
Storage & Reheating
Fridge: Extra Ramen Eggs can be stored in an air-tight container for about 3 days with minimal loss of taste and flavor.
Freezer: Not recommended.
Reheating: Not Recommended.
What to Serve with Ramen Eggs
- As a topping with Ramen soup noodles, instant noodles, and rice.
- Over a green salad.
- Or eat it by itself as a snack!
Easy Ramen Eggs
- 1 stockpot – 2 quarts or larger
- 1 spoon
- 1 prep bowl – 5 quarts or larger
- 1 container – 1 quart (large bowl also works)
- 1 kitchen timer (optional)
- 3 cups water
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup Chinese Master Stock ((Chinese Master Stock Recipe))
- Add 3 cups of water to the stockpot. Bring the water to a rolling boil. Using a spoon, add one egg at a time into the boiling water.
- Boil the eggs over a rolling boil for about 6 minutes 30 seconds for a jammy/runny egg yolk with firm whites. Suggest setting a timer.
- In the prep bowl fill with cold tap water. When the timer rings, immerse the eggs directly in cold tap water. Wait 30 seconds, pour out the water and refill with cold tap water.
- Wait another 30 seconds and proceed to peel the eggs.
- In the container, immerse the eggs in the Chinese Master Stock for 2 hours. Flip the eggs, and soak for another 2 hours.
- Cut each egg in half. Serve and Enjoy!